(This video is recorded from a Facebook LIVE session)
What is money?
Everyday people are having conversations around money… how to get it, how to earn it, how to spend it, if they have enough of it.. Etc… and yet it’s still a TABOO topic right up there with sex and politics.
Top 5 Money Blocks
1. There is not enough – This is scarcity at its finest. We wake up thinking we didn’t get enough sleep, we don’t have enough time, we don’t have enough resources, etc.. and biggest of all we don’t have enough money.
“Once we define our world as deficient, the total of our life energy, everything we think, everything we say, and everything we do – particularly with money – becomes an expression of an effort to overcome this sense of lack and the fear of losing to others or being left out” -The Soul of Money
2. Money is not spiritual
3. I don’t need that much money – Sometimes there is a derogatory statement of “they have money.”
4. That’s for them and not for me
5. There is a glass ceiling for what I can make – when you up-level your idea of what’s possible, and decide to really go for it, you open yourself up to the means to accomplish it as well.
Beginning to Work Through Your Money Blocks:
- Identify your limiting beliefs
- Challenge them
- Create a new affirmation statement of truth surrounding money and to increase your money consciousness
My 4 secrets to overcoming Your Money Blocks:
Start Talking: Get clear with where you are at. You can’t change anything if you are afraid to look at your finances. You have to be honest.
Generosity: The more you give the more you will get. It is when we give that we feel most abundant. “We become virtuous by the practice of virtue, responsible by the practice of responsibility, generous by the practice of generosity, compassionate by the practice of compassion. And we become abundant by giving to others.” -Arianna Huffington
Sufficiency: It’s arriving at a place of enough. “Abundance is a fact of nature. It’s a fundamental law of nature, that there is enough and it is finite.”
Gratitude: “When we let go of the chase for more, and consciously examine and experience the resources we already have, we discover our resources are deeper than we knew or imagines. In the nourishment of our attention, our assets expand and grow.” The Soul of Money
Energy flows where focus goes. When you shift your focus on what you have rather than what you don’t have you get more of that. You have to shift your language. Focus on what you HAVE vs what you LACK. And this is key: be grateful in advance.
“Nature gives all, without reservation, and loses nothing; man or woman, grasping all, loses everything.” – James Allen